- The Seanad Public Consultation Committee launched its report Travellers Towards A More Equitable Ireland Post-Recognition in January 2020, read the report of the Committee here.
- The National Council for Curriculum and Assesment published ‘Traveller Culture and History in the Curriculum: A Curriculum Audit’ in November 2019, read the report here.
- Traveller Culture and History in Education Bill 2018 passed all stages in the Seanad in October 2019. Read the Irish Times take on how Traveller Culture and History should be taught in schools here.
- Read Colette’s Op-Ed in The Irish Examiner on the Traveller Culture and History in Education Bill here. Read the Irish Times piece on how Traveller history and culture should be incorporated in the curriculum here.
- Established and is Chair of the Joint Oireachtas Committee on Key Issues Affecting the Traveller Community in 2019.
- Colette was a member of the Seanad Public Consultation Committee and the Rapporteur of the public consultation ‘ Travellers: Towards a more equitable Ireland post-recognition’.
- Convened the Traveller Oireachtas Group in 2018.
- Colette funded the Traveller Equlaity and Justice Project’s ‘Know Your Rights: A Guide to Challenging Discimination’, which is available to read here.