Colette established and is co-convenor of the All-Party Oireachtas Group on Dementia, which raises awareness and works to secure cross party support for initiatives which address the multiple challenges facing people with dementia in Ireland and their carers. Colette previously served as the CEO of the Alzheimer Society of Ireland (ASI). She was responsible for all aspects of the operation of the charity including the provision of services and supports for people with dementia all over Ireland, HR and the management of 1,000 staff, financial management and advocacy.
- Secured Minister for Health commitment to expand national network of Dementia Advisers in Budget 2020.
- Supported regional development of ASI’s Irish Dementia Working Group, led by people with dementia.
- Cross party membership including members from Fianna Fail, Fine Gael, Sinn Fein, Labour and Independents
- Quarterly Dementia Awareness sessions for Oireachtas members and staff
- Study visits to Scotland 2017 Scotland Report
- Roundtable on ‘Home care’ in 2017 and report Homecare Report
- Study visit to MISA at St James Hospital MISA Report
- Submission on policy areas: Primary Care; Loneliness; Pre-Budget 2018; Pre-Budget 2019 and Pre-Budget 2020